Unique Epigen™ features:
- The first extruded dry diet/kibble pet food (patent pending) that is Starch Free™ (Epigen™ does what “Grain Free” pet foods only pretend to do)
- More closely resembles the food your pet is designed to eat
- Contains an unprecedented 60+% meat and organs (90% for Epigen 90™) and over 60% protein
- Has the natural flavor and taste that pets truly desire
- Is replete with all the critical food elements Wysong was first to put into pet foods – probiotics, prebiotics, enzymes, phytonutrients, nutraceuticals, natural form antioxidants, vitamins and minerals
- Rich in omega-3's and other essential fatty acids
- Made in the USA at Wysong manufacturing facilities with ingredients from USDA and FDA approved domestic sources
Wysong Epigen™ represents the first important kibble pet food innovation in almost 60 years (patent pending) and moves conventional dry extruded pet foods much closer to the high protein meat-based, starchless foods carnivores are genetically designed for. With that, they are given greater opportunity to enjoy their full natural health. Epigen™ is equally appropriate for both cats and dogs.
Crude Protein (Min) 60.0%
Crude Fat (Min) 11.0%
Crude Fiber (Max) 3.5%
Moisture (Max) 12.0%
Taurine (Min) 0.4%
Fish Meal, Pea Protein, Chicken Fat (preserved with mixed Tocopherols as a source of Vitamin E), Apple (source of soluble fiber), Beet Pulp (source of prebiotics), Plums (antioxidant source), Inulin (prebiotic), Blueberries (antioxidant source), Tomato (source of lutein), Taurine (amino acid), Oregano Extract (antioxidant source), Sage Extract (antioxidant source), Rosemary Extract (antioxidant source), Probiotic Microorganisms (Bacillus subtilis, Enterococcus faecium, Lactobacillus plantarum, Lactococcus lactis, Lactobacillus casei, Lactobacillus acidophilus, Lactobacillus lactis), Ascorbic Acid, Zinc Proteinate, Iron Proteinate, Vitamin E Supplement, Niacin Supplement, Manganese Proteinate, Calcium Pantothenate, Thiamine Mononitrate, Copper Proteinate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Riboflavin Supplement, Vitamin A Acetate, Folic Acid, Biotin, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Vitamin D3 Supplement.
EPIGEN™ INGREDIENTS EXPLAINED*
All Epigen™ ingredients are chosen for their health benefits. A brief explanation of each can be found below. For more detail, simply do an Internet search and a wealth of data will become available to demonstrate the enormous health benefits of each of the ingredients.
The nutrient-rich protein sources in the formula also permit the binding and shaping of the kibbles. This is in contrast to using starches — as in all other dried extruded foods — which can be very detrimental to health and contain no associated nutraceutical value. The plant materials in the formula are minor components but add considerable nutritional and nutraceutical value. Their consumption by carnivores mimics the incidental consumption of such materials through occasional grazing and by eating the ingesta of their herbivorous prey.
- Organic Chicken*: fresh
- Chicken Meal*: precooked and dried to enable higher levels of meat
- Chicken Giblets*: hearts, livers, gizzards
*The above three ingredients encompass the entire chicken minus feathers, heads and feet. This replicates as closely as possible what carnivores would eat in the wild.
- Vegetable Protein (consisting of one or more of the following: Potato Protein, Rice Protein, Corn Protein, Wheat Protein): By special processing, the starches are removed. The remaining proteins and other important nutrient elements are then incorporated into Epigen™. The long protein chains help shape and bind the kibbles so that starches do not have to be used.
- Chicken Fat (preserved with mixed Tocopherols as a source of Vitamin E): This rich source of essential fatty acids is enrobed on the product after it has been extruded so the fats are not subject to the product's cook processing. To keep the fats stable, natural antioxidants are used and we also use a proprietary process to saturate the fat with nitrogen to force the oxidation producing oxygen out. These fats are regularly tested to be sure they are stable and do not contribute to free radical pathology.
- Eggs: A perfect protein that helps in the binding. Eggs also contain a number of other important nutrients.
- Yogurt: An excellent protein to help in the binding. It also contains a number of other important nutrients and is a host to important probiotics.
- Flax Seed: A source of a number of nutrients, fiber, and omega-3 fatty acids.
- Apple: A source of many nutrients and fiber.
- Beet Pulp: Excellent fiber and oligosaccharides that exert a prebiotic effect. Additionally the pulp possesses antioxidant activity due to the presence of ferulic, gentistic, and p-coumaric phenolic acids. This not only helps protect the food against oxidation but helps prevent metabolic free radical pathology.
- Plums: Many nutrients, fiber, and high levels of antioxidants and anti-pathogenic factors.
- Inulin: A prebiotic that encourages probiotic growth.
- Dried Wheat Grass Powder*
- Dried Barley Grass Powder*
*These two grasses contain a wealth of nutrients at a stage when they are maximized and most bioavailable.
- Krill Oil: A dense and clean source of marine omega-3 fatty acids.
- Dried Kelp: A particularly rich source of trace minerals.
- Taurine: An essential amino acid that can be destroyed in heat processing.
- Oregano Extract*
- Sage Extract*
- Rosemary Extract*
*These three herbs exert potent antioxidant and preservative effects.
- Probiotic Microorganisms (Bacillus subtilis, Enterococcus faecium, Lactobacillus plantarum, Lactococcus lactis, Lactobacillus casei, Lactobacillus acidophilus, Lactobacillus lactis): Probiotic organisms that exert a number of health benefits as well as anti-pathogen effects.
- Ascorbic Acid: Antioxidant activity both in the food and in the body.
- Zinc Proteinate*
*These vitamins and minerals are in their most bioavailable forms. The proteinates are chelates that enhance mineral absorption. Although all these micronutrients are in the ingredients themselves, processing diminishes their levels and thus fortification is wise. Additionally, by fortifying, higher levels can be achieved to exert health benefits and overcome the stresses of modern living, toxin exposure, and long-standing deficiencies. The safety and benefits of such fortification is supported by hundreds of thousands of scientific studies.
- Iron Proteinate*
- Vitamin E Supplement*
- Niacin Supplement*
- Manganese Proteinate*
- Calcium Pantothenate*
- Thiamine Mononitrate*
- Copper Proteinate*
- Pyridoxine Hydrochloride*
- Riboflavin Supplement*
- Vitamin A Acetate*
- Folic Acid*
- Vitamin B12 Supplement*
- Vitamin D3 Supplement *